Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Surprise Cookies!

Hello Dog Mom's!


I wasn't planning on making do cookies today, but I thought I would share this with you. I was making some human peanut butter cookies and had extra batter. I could have made the whole batch, put some of in the fridge to make later, or make dog treats. Rose and Indy's frequent trips into the kitchen to see what I was doing made the choice pretty easy. Here is how I turned human cookies into dog treats.

First, I will give you the recipe that I used to make peanut butter cookies. This is an egg free recipe so please realize that these treats will taste very peanut butter heavy. The texture will not be like a normal cookie either so be aware of that as well.

3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies (HUMANS ONLY)
Image may contain: water

1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter (can sub chunky)
1 Cup Flour (sub the kind you like as needed)
1 Cup Sugar ( I do not like all of this sugar so I cut in half)

Mix together in a bowl and roll into small balls. Place on cookie sheet and bake in the over at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Check around 5 minutes to see if the cookies are browning.
Image may contain: food and water             Image may contain: food              Image may contain: food

This will make 12 cookies

Optional Step:
After cooking, quickly place 1  peanut butter cup or heresy kiss on top of cookie for added flavor.

********************************************************************

Dog Treat:

Since I had left over batter, and I didn't use much sugar I felt I could go ahead and make the dogs their cookies. Since you already have batter,  you will not have to make anymore unless you want. I did put in another spoonful of peanut butter.

*Recipe above with one more heaping spoonful of peanut butter
* 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce

Mix all ingredients together until forms a ball.You may need to add more flour if needed.

Once mixed, separate the mixture into 12 equal size balls, and flatten like a pancake. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the over at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Check at 8 minutes to see if cookie is becoming brown.

This will make about 12 cookies. More or less depending on how big you want to make the cookies. The mixture and cookies will look similar. Don't forget to keep the dog and human treats separated.


It's kind of fun that you can get both human and dog treats out of one starting recipe. Keep in mind that not all treats are appropriate for every dog. Follow your vet's advice. If you aren't sure, do not feed it to your pet.
NEVER ADD CHOCOLATE TO DOG TREATS

No comments:

Post a Comment